My Birth Care Package Includes
2 Prenatal Visits
During pregnancy, I'll guide you like a pregnancy concierge. I tailor my services to your needs.
At your home:
At your birthplace:
- Help you labor in greater comfort, personalizing my techniques to you and your body.
- Help you decide when to go to the hospital based on what you want!
- Support you while your partner checks you in.
- Get comfortable in your room and make it more like home.
- Suggest ways to speed your progress without drugs or medical interventions if that's what you want.
non-medical pain relief such as massage, position changes, hydrotherapy
(hot and cold compresses, showers, baths if available), controlled
breathing and vocalizing that helps you stay on top of contractions.
- Help you stay connected to your birth if you choose an epidural and can't feel the contractions.
- Reassure you every step of the way!
- Respectful photography of the special moments in your baby's birth!
1 Postpartum Visit
I return to your home when your milk comes in and help you nurse your
baby comfortably, answering any concerns you may have about
breastfeeding, and giving you referrals to breastfeeding specialists if
you need advanced help.
Includes Photographs and a Written Birth Story
Please let me know if you plan to have me encapsulate your placenta, too, so I can bring my cooler to the hospital! This service is extra.
- Women who use doulas are more likely to breastfeed successfully.
- The presence of a birth attendant who provides continuous physical support shortens the length of labor.
- A trained coached who provides comfort measures reduces the need for pain medication.
- Moms who have an advocate on the birth team tend to report higher satisfaction with their birth outcomes.
- Moms who have support have lower rates of post-partum depression.