Total Bliss Birth Care Package
- 2 Prenatal Meetings
- Your Birth
- 1 Postpartum Meeting
- A Written Birth Story
*Placenta Encapsulation services are separate
We'll meet during your pregnancy to get to know each other so I can find out what you want and don't want for your birth. I'll make sure you know the basics about birth and breastfeeding, and then I'll help you get through both of them!
I join you at home so you can get to the hospital at the right time - not too late, not too early. I take the pressure off your partner during your time at home. Because I already know what you want, I offer knowledgeable advice targeted to your needs. My clients have someone knowledgeable about what they want for their birth who is present at the hospital the whole time you are, long before your doctor arrives. I help you negotiate respectfully with the ever-changing nursing staff to avoid the things you don't want, and get the things you need.
See for yourself from randomized controlled trials about the benefits of continuous labor support versus usual care from the non-profit Cochrane Database.
My Birth Care Package Includes:
- 2 Prenatal Visits
- During pregnancy, I'll guide you like a pregnancy concierge. I tailor my services to your needs.
At your home:
- Help you labor in greater comfort, personalizing my techniques to you and your body.
- Help you decide when to go to the hospital based on what you want!
At your birthplace:
- Support you while your partner checks you in.
- Get comfortable in your room and make it more like home.
- Suggest ways to speed your progress without drugs or medical interventions if that's what you want.
- Provide non-medical pain relief such as massage, position changes, hydrotherapy (hot and cold compresses, showers, baths if available), controlled breathing and vocalizing that helps you stay on top of contractions.
- Help you stay connected to your birth if you choose an epidural and can't feel the contractions.
- Reassure you every step of the way!
- Respectful photography of the special moments in your baby's birth!
- 1 Postpartum Visit
- I return to your home when your milk comes in and help you nurse your baby comfortably, answering any concerns you may have about breastfeeding, and giving you referrals to breastfeeding specialists if you need advanced help.
- Includes Photographs and a Written Birth Story
Please let me know if you plan to have me encapsulate your placenta, too, so I can bring my cooler to the hospital! This service is extra, and you can learn more about it on its own page under services.